To take place for the next two weeks, MassDEP has scheduled Topic-Specific Discussions on its Regulatory Reform Initiatives (based on that title, I assume they really, really want the discussions to remain on topic). The schedule is as follows:
- MCP Standards – Friday, February 3rd at 10 AM (to address EPA changes in Integrated Risk Information Systems and elsewhere, and their effect on the MCP numerical standards)
- Permit/Tier Classification – Wednesday, February 8th at 9:30 AM (to discuss changes to/elimination of tier classification, and the permit process)
- AUL Streamlining – Thursday, February 9th at 9:30 AM (to make AULs easier to complete and file)
- Vapor Intrusion – Thursday, February 9th at 1:00 PM (to enact regulatory changes to be consistent with the December 2011 Interim Final Guidance, possibly introduce a new class of RAO for VI sites)
- LNAPL – Thursday, February 16th at 1:00 PM (to potentially change the regulatory definition of LNAPL in the MCP and allow more permanent closures)
All meetings will be held at MassDEP’s Boston Office at One Winter Street, in the 2nd floor conference room. If you’re interested in attending any of these meetings, you need to RSVP to MassDEP at BWSC.email@example.com. See the BWSC blog at http://mcpregreform.wordpress.com for more information. Many thanks to the LSP Association for bringing this program to our attention.